“The starting point for improvement is to recognize the need.” – Imai.
Does any of the following situations exist in your organization:
- Not clear which are your key management, primary, and support business processes?
- Business process architecture not well defined or not defined at all?
- Business processes not mapped/modeled or process models not up-to-date?
- No dedicated office or team to champion business process management or existing team not effective or adequate?
- Standard operating procedures [SOPs] and work instructions not clearly and comprehensively documented for your most important processes or not up-to-date?
- Business process documentation poorly maintained and not readily accessible to relevant staff?
- Lack of clear ownership and accountability for end-to-end business processes and their outcomes?
- Siloed organization structures and culture that inhibits efficient cross-functional collaboration on key business processes
- Inefficient business processes laden with waste, bureaucracy, redundancies, etc.?
- Lack of clear assignment of roles and responsibilities in business process execution?
- Poorly executed or no formal business process change initiatives?
- Continuous improvement culture and mechanisms not in place or not effective?
- Need to deploy new technology systems but relevant business processes not well understood, documented, and/or streamlined?
- Inefficient use of technology due to broken processes?
- Sub-optimal engagement between your employees and technology systems?
- Frustrated employees due to inefficient processes and/or unclear roles and responsibilities?
- Business process management not formally adopted as a key management discipline?
- No formal business process management methodology e.g., lean or six sigma in place?
- Business processes largely executed manually with little or no automation?
- Business process performance inadequately monitored and measured and/or key performance indicators not adequately utilized in controlling and improving processes?
- Customers’ needs and feedback not fully utilized in the design of products and services?
- Execution of similar processes/activities not standard across the organization?
- Change management best practices not adopted to ensure effective business process change?
- Business processes not fully aligned to organization strategy?
- Organization’s performance management system not fully aligned to motivate and reward business process excellence?
- Process costs and return on investment not well understood?
- Risk of adverse legal or regulatory actions due to non-compliant business practices?
If any of these matters bother you, we would be delighted to help you make them a thing of the past! We can help you resolve them and generally strive for business process excellence for a greatly successful business operation.
Please contact us today.